Our public curriculum spans 5 days in length and provides the flexibility to choose the modules best suited for you and your organization. We highly recommend that participants without a prior financial background attend all 5 days.
We offer these courses in the following locations:
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Please Contact Us directly to register for courses.
DAY 4: VALUATION OVERVIEW AND DCF ANALYSIS
The goal of this session is to introduce participants to corporate valuation. The first half of the session focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of the 4 primary valuation methodologies as well as the calculation of equity and enterprise value. The second half of the course focuses specifically on discounted cash flow analysis and the construction of a DCF model.
- Valuation overview
- Enterprise value vs. equity value
- Diluted shares outstanding
- Fundamental versus relative valuation
- 4 primary valuation methodologies
- Trading comparables
- Transaction comparables
- Strengths and weaknesses of each valuation methodology
- Minority versus majority stake valuation
- Key multiples
- Valuation football field
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Unlevered free cash flow
- Cost of debt
- Cost of equity using CAPM
- Terminal value
- Perpetuity growth method
- Exit multiple method
- Mid-year adjustments
- Calculating enterprise and equity values
- Implied multiples and perpetuity growth rates
- Sensitivity analysis via data tables
100 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10017